Spartanburg Community College will host “Discover SCC” information sessions each Thursday throughout the summer, beginning Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 5:30 pm on the SCC central campus in Spartanburg. The sessions are free and open to students, parents and career seekers interested in SCC’s academic programs and student services.
“ ‘Discover SCC’ is a great opportunity for anyone interested in attending college to learn about and experience Spartanburg Community College first-hand,” says Kathy McKinzie, director of enrollment services at SCC. “Each Thursday afternoon at 5:30 pm from June 23 though August 11, we will showcase SCC offerings and services and remind Upstate residents that attending college – specifically Spartanburg Community College – is accessible and affordable.”
Attendees at Discover SCC will have a chance to …
- Learn about SCC’s more than 100 certificates, diplomas and associate degree programs, which lead to immediate, rewarding employment in high-growth, high-demand fields
- Tour our state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms
- Talk to current students about their SCC experience
- Talk with faculty and staff about the many student support services that help students make the most of their educational experience
- Learn about financial aid, scholarships, Lottery Tuition Assistance & more
- Find out why 91% of our graduates find employment and/or transfer to universities
- Apply to the College and for financial aid
Each weekly information session will focus on the following programs of study and related career opportunities as follows-
- June 23 – Health Science: New Certificates
- June 30 – University Transfer Programs; Horticulture
- July 7 – Culinary Arts; Business Technology
- July 14 – Computer Technology; Digital Design; Industrial & Engineering Technologies
- July 21 – Online Programs
- July 28 – General Overview Session
- August 4 – Health Sciences: General Overview
- August 11 – General Session/On-site Registration for Fall Classes
“Because more than 80 percent of careers today and in the future will require at least an associate degree, an education is not a luxury; it’s a necessity,” explains McKinzie. “We know that once people get to know us and visit our campus, they’ll be better equipped to make the decision that SCC is the right choice for them.”
For more information about Discover SCC, contact Carolyn O’Lenic at (864) 592-4277, firstname.lastname@example.org or register on-line at www.sccsc.edu/open <http://www.sccsc.edu/open> . The information sessions will be held each Thursday from June 23-August 11 at 5:30 pm in the Dan Lee Terhune Student Services Building on the SCC central campus, on Business I-85 at New Cut Road.
Registration for fall classes that begin on August 17 is going on now. Individuals interested in applying to the College can contact the SCC Admissions Center at (864) 592-4800 or toll free (866) 591-3700 or apply online at www.sccsc.edu <http://www.sccsc.edu> . For a complete listing of fall class schedule offerings, visit www.sccsc.edu/academics/search.aspx <http://www.sccsc.edu/academics/search.aspx> .
About Spartanburg Community College.
Recently named one of the fastest-growing colleges in the nation according to Community College Week, SCC offers more than 100 academic programs of study including associate degrees, diplomas and certificates, plus University Transfer opportunities to four-year colleges and universities. SCC provides flexible class scheduling including day, evening, weekend and FlexStart classes in addition to more than 100 online classes through SCCOnline. Offering the lowest tuition in the region, convenient locations, and regional/national accreditations, SCC offers educational opportunities leading to high-growth, high-demand jobs. The SCC Corporate & Community Education Division provides job and career enhancement, workforce development and personal enrichment courses and training programs. For more information, visit www.sccsc.edu <http://www.sccsc.edu> .